This volume identifies the right to comfort as an invention of the postwar period and suggests that the modern mass home played a vital role in shaping new expectations for well being and happiness. In at home in postwar france nicole rudolph argues that modernizers looked to the home as a site for social engineering and nation building designers and advocates of the modern home contributed . At home in postwar france modern mass housing and the right to comfort daniel a gordon edge hill university ormskirk uk correspondence gordondedgehillacuk pages 394 396. At home in postwar france modern mass housing and the right to comfort berghahn monographs in french studies 1st edition. The trente glorieuses the thirty years after the end of the second world war constituted a unique period of unprecedented growth and prosperity in france it
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.