You are in home architecture durham cathedral areas of interest st cuthberts shrine world heritage find out why durham is a world heritage site and learn about other world heritage sites in the uk and throughout the world. This cathedral has grown from the anglo saxon church built to house his shrine and the monks who cared for it from a bejewelled shrine in september 1104 st cuthbert was moved into the newly built norman cathedral. Textiles include the stole and maniple offered in honour of st cuthbert by king athelstan in 934 when the shrine was at chester le street take a look online more information about st cuthberts relics can be found in our online catalogue adlib. St cuthberts coffin features in new display at durham cathedral artefact made in 698 is regarded as most important wooden object surviving in england from before norman conquest maev kennedy
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.