James hutton 1726 1797 a scottish farmer and naturalist is known as the founder of modern geology he was a great observer of the world around him more importantly he made carefully reasoned geological arguments. Scotlands james hutton is called the founder of modern geology how can that be he was a chemist after all well for starters a lot of geology involves chemistry as i found out to my sorrow as an undergraduate back in the 1980s. James hutton the beginning and the end of the founder of modern geology james hutton 1726 1797 was a key member of the circle of enlightenment thinkers in edinburgh but you will find no statute of him on a main thoroughfare. James hutton 1726 1797 discoveries hutton is credited with being the founder of modern geology among his ideas the earth is continually being formed sedimentation takes place very slowly
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.