A detailed study of mary shelleys extensive contribution to the gothic genre angela wright examines her key novels alongside her short stories revealing how the gothic themes and motifs that energised frankenstein resurface in some of shelleys later works. In its broader examination of mary shelleys work this book is the first of its kind within the field of gothic studies alongside sustained explorations of frankenstein matilda valperga and the last man wright also examines some of. Frankenstein the author mary shelley was the daughter of a philosopher and a radical feminist being an atheist with a catholic background she was also an anarchist who who believed we could live peacefully without laws it seems shelleys life was engulfed in and surrounded by misery
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.