The first ascent of the matterhorn was made by edward whymper lord francis douglas charles hudson douglas hadow michel croz and two zermatt guides peter taugwalder and his son of the same name on 14 july 1865 douglas hudson hadow and croz were killed on the descent when hadow slipped and pulled the other three with him down the north face. Edward whymper 27 april 1840 16 september 1911 was an english mountaineer explorer illustrator and author best known for the first ascent of the matterhorn in 1865 four members of his party were killed during the descent whymper also made important first ascents on the mont blanc massif and in the pennine alps south america and the canadian rockies
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.