Slow violence and the environmentalism of the poor rob nixon harvard university press cambridge massachusetts and london england 2011. The 2013 fhi annual distinguished lecture was delivered by rob nixon rachel carson professor of english at the university of wisconsin madison. Book description slow violence from climate change toxic drift deforestation oil spills and the environmental aftermath of war takes place gradually and often invisibly. In the 1980s the brundtland commissions report on sustainable development radically stated that the environment was important for the poor damage to the environment was caused by the poor but only where they had no choice
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.