First known use of threat noun before the 12th century in the meaning defined at sense 1 verb before the 12th century in the meaning defined above. Threat thrt n 1 an expression of an intention to inflict pain harm or punishment 2 an indication of impending danger or harm a threat of frost in the air 3 one that is regarded as a possible source of harm or danger viewed the stranger as a threat to the community 4 the condition of being in danger or at risk under threat of attack tr . Threat definition a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment injury etc in retaliation for or conditionally upon some action or course menace he confessed under the threat of imprisonment see more. Synonyms for threat at thesauruscom with free online thesaurus antonyms and definitions find descriptive alternatives for threat
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.